Monday, August 1, 2011

bacon wrapped eggs

So I have made these bacon wrapped eggs a few times now. I have perfected the recipe.
The first time I made these, I pretty much followed this video


I didn't like my end result, so on my 2nd try I tweaked the recipe.
Here are photos from my 1st attempt.

PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 400*F

1/2 way cooked bacon to line the cupcake pan
use smaller chopped up portions to line the bottom of the pan
your end result will be a bacon cup
crack an egg into it
add whatever you feel like. I used sharp cheddar cheese, goat cheese, freshly chopped chives and seasoned with black truffle salt and pepper
and then pop them into the 400*F oven for 15 minutes
finished product
take a fork/spoon and gently rim the bacon wrapped egg and it should pop out smoothly.
voila!
so this was my end result in attempt #1.
It tasted magical and heavenly (I'm a bacon lover) however I didn't enjoy the yolk. It was fully cooked and dry like a boiled egg yolk.

SooOoOoOo 

during attempt #2 & #3, 
after lining the cupcake pan with bacon, I placed half cooked chorizo on the bottom
Did the other usual steps...

HOWEVER
this time I only cooked the bacon wrapped eggs for half of the required cook time.
So, instead of 15 minutes at 400*F, I let it sit in the oven for 7-8 mins at 400*F.

I apologize for not having better photos since I didn't bring my CanonG12 with me during my other trials, but I used my cellphone hahaha
garnished it with some pico de gallo, salsa and sour cream.  my friend's sister had suggested it since I put chorizo in the egg this time. Just a mini play on juevos ranchero!
Look at that beautiful runny egg yolk.. SooOOO gooooood.
I like my yolks jizzy.

I know you're probably thinking, "Why even go through all this trouble for bacon and eggs?"
It's a cheap, super easy way to entertain. I go to dinner parties and potlucks so this is something convenient since I usually have these ingredients on hand. Of course you can make this recipe your own by adding whatever you please! I'm thinking some chopped up onions and bell peppers would be good..

Anyway, I had gotten a lot of comments on FB/Twitter about these so there ya go!
If you make these yourself, post it up and link me so I can see!!

11 comments:

  1. THESE LOOK DELISH!!! I'm going to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks delish!!!! yumm!!! i should definitely try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUZY!! oOH i definitely like the second attempt, all that gooey goodness mmMMmm..

    xx
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg that looks amazing! and so easy, def gonna try this out soon. thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that looks amazing! I have never tried these before and now I really wanna make them! also cause I fucking love bacon haha


    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, YUUUUUUUUUM! I love bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg... those look retardedly delicious!! i'd be so tempted to try to make them right now if i wasn't at work lol...

    ReplyDelete