Saturday, October 2, 2010

Someone I Adore..

By the way, my friend Leif pointed out to me that Day 1 was supposed to be a SELF portrait. As in a photo I took of myself, by myself. You know what? I was at work when I wrote that entry. Didn't have my camera on me so I kept trying with my camera phone. The photo quality was shit (especially in poor florescent lighting) so I just went with photos he had taken of me. He told me that I get a D- for day 1 of photoblog challenge, hahaa!

October Photoblog Challenge, Day 2.

Someone I adore, and 5 reasons why... Well well well..  There are many people I adore. Truth be told, I had a hard time picking just one person. If you didn't already know you're about to know: I'm going on a trip to Europe soon. Someone inspired me to finally get myself out there.. This person I've known since high school (which was nearly a decade ago). He is someone who was so so so so so so shy when he first met me way back then, but now has a personality larger than life!

meet my friend/homie/one of my travel inspirations:


David Lee
(don't knock the 2nd photo, it's my favorite photo of him.)

He is one handsome and talented mofo. Last year he won himself a spot at the Cannes Film Festival. He went to Cannes, donned a suit, walked a red carpet and everything.. Then he decided to backpack his way throughout Europe. I stay online late at night (pretty frequently) and while he was waking up in Europe i'd be in bed here in America. We'd chat and he would tell me about his travels. I always wanted to go to Europe. I always told myself i'd go. You know what? I'm finally fucking going.
David thanks me for always believing in him, his talents, supporting his dreams, and being there since day one.. Well you know what?
Thank YOU David, for giving me that travel bug. You've always been a homie of mine and will forever be. While i'm in Europe, i'll remember all those conversations we had while you were there.. I'll remember how I felt wishing I was there, seeing everything you saw..

David - We've got many days ahead of us to go get spaghetti but let's make it happen! Thank you for all the laughs and the travel inspiration. You've always been an interesting person in my life..

thank you. thank you. thank you.


  • Day 1: Self portrait – share basics/make an intro.
  • Day 2: Someone you adore – 5 reasons why
  • Day 3: Something you bought today
  • Day 4: A representation of your day – what do you do?
  • Day 5: What’s in your bag? Or something you can’t leave the house without
  • Day 6: Your humble abode
  • Day 7: Something you ate today
  • Day 8: Something you dislike
  • Day 9: A place you went today
  • Day 10: TV show you’re currently addicted to
  • Day 11: Your family pet(s) – if you don’t have one, take a picture of anything
  • Day 12: What’s in your fridge
  • Day 13: The town/city you reside
  • Day 14: Something you craved today
  • Day 15: A stranger and why you chose them
  • Day 16: Your closet
  • Day 17: A representation of the you no one really knows
  • Day 18: Something you collect
  • Day 19: Favorite part of yourself and why
  • Day 20: A hobby you have
  • Day 21: Your parents
  • Day 22: Your room as it is right now
  • Day 23: Go some where you’ve never been & take a picture
  • Day 24: Something you find funny
  • Day 25: Self portrait myspace-esque
  • Day 26: Where you go to relax/get away
  • Day 27: Something that gives you purpose
  • Day 28: A before & after shot of anything
  • Day 29: An action shot
  • Day 30: Another self portrait
  • Day 31: Something that always makes you smile

8 comments:

  1. cuuuuuute! I love that he inspired you to travel, it's something I've also always wanted to do but with my school schedule, it's nearly impossible. Congrats on going on your trip!!!

    and cute pictures, even with the middle fingers LOL.

    <3jimin

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahha! the 2nd pic is funny. what an inspiring friend to have!
    i need to travel more too. better to do it young when i have lots of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your trip! It's great to have inspirational friends. Must learn to cherish them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH you should soooo go on Saturday!!! at least we can kind of like...experience it together hahaha I will be there with you in spirit!!! I really think you should go :) I'm kind of sad I'm going on Friday because I BET afterwards I'm gonna want to go on Saturday. but I need the two days to recover before I go back to work on Monday :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a hottie! anyways, you have fun in europe! i did the same thing some years ago, ended up missing my kids but omg was it well worth it! one day i hope to move to london or at least england. so gorgeous! the architecture, the people & the FOOD! omg. what countries?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I decided to also do the challenge. I love it! I put your link in my blog if that is okay? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. how exciting!! i'm glad you're getting to go :D i've had a travel bug in me for awhile but never really just up and went. but it's like, if not now then when? and am i going to regret not going later? so the bf and i are doing a roadtrip up to oregon and actually staying at a few places while we're driving up, instead of just going UP then DOWN home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lucky to go to Europe but I'm happy for you! Your friend is muy caliente ;P

    ReplyDelete